- Academic Calendar is issued by MGU prior to commencement of Session & Important dates are:
- Commencement of Classes
- Personal Contact Programs
- Dispatch of Course Material
- Fee Deposit for New and Re-Admissions
- Re-Appear Forms
- Challenge Evaluation
- Fee Collection System
- Fee is paid by students only in name of Mahatma Gandhi University, payable at Meghalaya as prescribed in the prospectus.
- Fee is collected at University Campus & Online.
- Documents Required With New Admission
- Application Form
- 2 Photographs
- 10th Class Certificate
- 12th Class Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate if higher than graduation
- Diploma Certificate for Lateral Entry
- Undertaking in case of Lateral Entry or Provisional admission
- University Counselors assist students upon eligibility
- Before accepting new admission special care is taken on eligibility guidelines
- All new admission forms with testimonials are put up to the concerned staff in University on dates allocated
- Provisional admissions & Lateral Entry are presented separately
- MGU divides list in 3 categories including Eligible, Provisional & Not Eligible that is accordingly conveyed to Students.
Roll No. & Registration
- For all Eligible & Provisional Eligible cases, roll numbers are issued by MGU
- Roll Number pattern is as follows:
- After the eligibility check the Acknowledgement and Name Ratification reports are sent to Student.
Student Record File
- Student Admission form
- Photocopy of Demand Draft
- Eligibility Documents
- DMC Photo Copies
- Degree Photo Copy
MGU offers a unique Multi Entry & Multi Exit system called the pyramid structure of courses. Under this system, the 10+2 student, after undergoing 2 semesters of U.G. programme, can take a diploma and exit or continue with the graduation degree. The diploma student can enter the same system after some time from where he / she had left. Such admissions are termed as lateral entries. The same mechanism works for post graduate courses.